Feeding your body with the correct nutrients can keep your immune system strong. With a strong immune system, it can protect our body from bacteria, viruses and other infectious bodies.
Today, we are going to introduce 7 different food items that are packed with vitamins to help your body fend off these germs.
- Garlic gives your food the extra flavour and provides considerable health benefits!
- Garlic extracts can help those with high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels.
- It slows down the hardening of arteries, which help to improve blood flow.
- Garlic is also full of antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties that can give you better skin and hair
- Eating ginger can help to prevent and heal inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory properties which are good for the body. Studies have also proven that ginger helps to reduce pain too.
- Ginger also helps to reduce allergic reactions.
- Ginger also works as an antioxidant that helps to prevent heart problems, neurodegenerative diseases, cancer or signs of ageing.
- Ginger also aids in digestion and help to ease vomiting or nausea
- Ginger water can also help in weight loss. Research has shown that a men who drank ginger water felt fuller for a longer period of time.
- Spinach is rich in vitamin A & C. Vitamin C is a good antioxidant that promotes skin and immunity.
- It is also rich in iron – which helps to create hemoglobin which carries oxygen to your body’s tissues
- Spinach is rich in calcium – essential for stronger bones
- Spinach contains MSDG & SQDG which helps to slow down cancer growth or help to prevent cancer
- Examples of citrus fruits are: Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruits, Lime, Tangerines etc.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C – Best to consume during cold or flu season.
- Excellent source of dietary fibre – It helps to lowe cholesterol levels, regulate your glucose levels and also aid in digestion. 1 Orange has roughly 2.3g of fibre while 1 Tangerine has about 1.6g.
- Improves heart conditions and packed with potassium – Potassium helps to counter-regulate the amount of salt intake in your body by helping your body to flush out these sodium. Research also shown that potassium helps to reduce the risk of stroke by 21%!
- Improves skin conditions and give your skin a healthy and natural glow
- Broccoli is loaded with vitamin A, C & E that aids in metabolism rate and circulation of blood sugar in your body.
- It is also rich in Vitamin K which aids in blood clot and needed for bone health.
- It is high in fibre, which helps in digestion. As broccoli also contains water content, it helps to boost the feeling of fullness for those keeping their weight in check.
- As broccoli belongs to the cruciferous vegetable category, it contains a natural substance that helps in cancer prevention.
- It has anti-inflammatory benefits – The main ingredient curcumin helps to bring down the inflammation of the body.
- Promotes healthy joints and mobility – It keeps joints from being swollen and certain studies show that it can help to treat osteoarthritis.
- It also encourage healthy cholesterol levels – High cholesterol is caused by chronic inflammation and high blood sugar therefore reducing inflammation means healthier cholesterol levels
- Supports good metabolism rate
Red Bell Peppers
- Red peppers contains more than 200% of vitamin C! It is also rich in iron therefore if you are iron deficient, you should take more red peppers.
- It also helps to improve night vision. As they are high in vitamin A, it supports a healthy eyesight.
- Full of antioxidants
- Able to burn more calories – Research shown that red peppers increases metabolism rate! With higher metabolism rate, you burn more and faster!
To keep your body healthy, time to start adding these food items into your daily meals!
For more articles and activities to do during this circuit breaker, click here