During this period, many people are starting to study recipes at home. One of the hottest trend was making the Dalgona Coffee. Do you know the milk you bought can actually be used to make milkshakes too? Milkshakes have high nutritional value and it is a healthy substitute for Breakfast or Tea-break.
Today, we bring you 4 detox milkshakes that are delicious and easy to prepare.
#1 Purple Potato Cranberry Milkshake
This purple sweet potato smoothie taste and looks like a raspberry milkshake. it is high in fibre, slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein and antioxidants! It is a perfect drink for breakfast.
- 1 purple potato
- Half a cup of cranberries
- 1 cup almond milk/skimmed milk
- 1 cup sugar-free greek yoghurt
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Vanilla extract
Purple potatoes are low in calories. In addition of being a natural weight loss recipe, cranberries also help in improving blood circulation. Another tip: cook the purple potatoes in the microwave first and add everything into blender afterwards.
#2 Apple Oatmeal Milkshake
- Half an apple
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 cup low fat milk/almond milk
- 1 tbsp raisins (Optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth and frothy.
The ingredients used in this recipe are rich in fibre and nutrients! Apple is a good source of fibre with vitamins that is good for people with diabetics. Milk also has calcium while raisins are loaded with fibre, potassium and iron!
#3 Papaya Mint Milkshake
- 1 1/4 cup of papaya
- 1/4 greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup non-fat/skimmed milk
- 9 peppermint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Deseed and chop the papaya into pieces
- Add in the papaya, yoghurt, milk, peppermint, honey and lime juice into the blender to blend
- Lastly, top the smoothie with chia seeds.
This smoothie tastes really refreshing! It is filled with vitamin C and papaya also contains an enzyme papain which aids in breaking down food that are difficult to digest.
#4 Spinach Cucumber Smoothie
- 1 medium apple
- 1 1/2 spinach
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups skimmed milk/non-fat milk
- Slice all the ingredients into small pieces
- Add them into the blender and process untill smooth
This smoothie is rich in antioxidants, fibre and vitamins! Cucumber adds a refreshing taste to the drink while the apple adds sweetness.
Now, these are 4 different smoothies you can make in your daily routine! If you have more smoothie recipe to share, do comment on our Facebook Post!
For more articles and activities to do during this circuit breaker, click here