This is a rough summary of National Development Minister Lawrence Wong speech on Tuesday, 9th June 2020.
- Singapore need to start preparing to live with this coronavirus for long term, through changing the way they live and how work is delivered.
- Contact tracing & virus testing capacity have increased significantly
- Government is trying a new way to detect the virus – Testing wastewater fragments of the virus
- Singaporeans have to be socially responsible and continue wearing mask when they are out
- Continue to practice good hygiene and maintain social distancing
- Practice flexible work arrangements – working from home, different work hours or split-team arrangements
- Improve on air ventilation and air filtering in the offices
- Contactless fitting, automatic doors, temperature taking and hand sanitizers should be incorporated.
- Businesses should also find new and safe ways to deliver their products and services. For e.g, hawker and wet market stalls used online platforms to reach to new customers
- Workers in construction industries will be tested regularly and new dormitories will be built.
Regarding the Construction industry, Minister Lawrence Wong has also highlighted the following points
- New safeguards will be implemented at worksites
- Continue to push towards automation and productivity to reduce reliance on foreign workers
- Review and improve the living conditions for migrant workers
- New dormitories will be designed to be more resilient against infection risks
- Government will also introduce new measures to cushion the financial impact of these safeguards
For other news on related to Covid-19, you can click here