Although on-going renovations are allowed to continue, all contractors have to comply to the BCA guidelines. However, the chances to start work on 2nd June seems bleak! Here’s a breakdown or summary of the current situation
- All workers need to get swab-tested and tested negative of Covid-19
- All firms need to upload pictures of EVERY on-going renovation to the online form to prove that they were in progress.
- Have to submit all residential addresses and contact details of the workers and sub-contractors
- All workers need to take the safe management officer course run by BCS Academy
- Workers on site have to practice safe distancing which is a challenge for them as carpenters and electricians normally work closely together
From TODAY’s news, they sought some clarifications with BCA AND HDB and their responses are in the article below.
For the full update news, click here.