Looking for a home on a budget? Singapore has several affordable public housing options depending on what’s best for your situation: new BTO flats, resale HDB flats, and executive condos. This page covers the intermediate option: resale flats. These are homes that were once BTO flats, but have now already reached their 5-year minimum occupancy period (MOP), and are back on the market because their previous owners have decided to sell them. Here, we have 5 popular resale areas in Singapore, so keep a keen eye out if you see flats in this area for sale!
Resale area in Singapore #1: [email protected]
Located just beside Singapore’s bustling Central Business District (CBD), the popularity of the resale flats in this area has skyrocketed for its highly central location, and the rich diversity of nearby amenities. The downsides: high prices, low availability.
Why resale flats in the Chinatown area are so popular in Singapore:
- Nearby MRT stations: Tanjong Pagar (East-West Line), Chinatown (intersection between Downtown Line and North East Line), Outram Park (intersection between East-West Line, North East Line, and the upcoming Thomson-East Coast Line)
- Easy access to 3 separate MRT lines, soon to be 4. This makes transport to all parts of Singapore accessible and convenient.
- Nearby Schools and Education Centres: Shichida Kindergarten, Cantonment Primary School, School of Make Up, Tanjong Pagar-Tiong Bahru Education Centre, Mulberry Learning [email protected] Pagar, London School of Business and Finance, Cambridge Business School, School of Language International, Rutgers Business School Asia Pacific, Believer Music
- Nearby Malls: Tanjong Pagar Plaza, Chinatown Point, Marina Bay Link Mall, New Cross Plaza, One Raffles Place, OUE Link
- Other nearby amenities: Singapore General Hospital, Maxwell Food Centre, Spottiswoode park
Resale Area in Singapore #2: Tampines
Ah … Singapore’s gem in the east – Tampines. Despite its location in the far east, Tampines has become extremely popular as well! With its many amenities, it’s definitely a good (and more affordable) alternative to more central areas!
Why resale flats in the Tampines area are so popular in Singapore:
- Nearby MRT stations: Tampines and Expo (intersections between the East-West Line and the Downtown Line), Simei (East West Line).
- Nearby Schools and Education Centres: Pasir Ris Secondary School, East Spring Primary/Secondary School, Temasek Polytechnic, Dunman Secondary School, Meridian Secondary School, St Hilda’s Primary/Secondary School, UWC South East Asia, Institute of Technical Education, Junyuan Primary School, and Tampines Primary School.
- Nearby Malls: Tampines 1, Tampines Mall (Capitaland)
- Other nearby amenities: Fairprice Tampines, Sheng Siong Supermarket, Changi General Hospital
Resale Area in Singapore #3: Ang Mo Kio
Ang Mo Kio is located just one stop away from the busy Bishan area, with a good variety of Primary schools nearby, as well as centres promoting fitness in diverse areas of sport. For families with young children who are looking for a place that has good education facilities nearby, a good selection of recreation sports, and has easy access to several malls, this is the place for you!
Why resale flats in the Ang Mo Kio area are so popular in Singapore:
- Nearby MRT stations: Ang Mo Kio (North South Line), Bishan (intersection between the North-South Line and the Circle Line).
- Nearby Schools and Education Centres: Pathlight school for special education, Ang Mo Kio Primary/Secondary School, Teck Ghee Primary School, Deyi Secondary School, Jing Shan Primary School, Anderson Secondary School, Townsville Primary School, MOE Language Centre.
- Nearby Malls: Jubilee Square, Djitsun Mall, Ang Mo Kio Hub
- Other nearby amenities: COURTS Ang Mo Kio, Phoon Huat @ Ang Mo Kio, Ang Mo Kio ActiveSG Swimming Complex, Bishan Sports Hall, Ang Mo Kio Public Library.
Resale Area in Singapore #4: Sengkang
Being far from the city centre, Sengkang is one of the quieter areas in Singapore. Unlike most places in Singapore, Sengkang offers plenty of opportunities to interact with nature – perfect for those who want a place to slow down and get some peace and quiet. There are also many scenic parts of the Park Connector Networks here, so if you love cycling, that would be perfect.
Why resale flats in the Sengkang area are so popular in Singapore:
- Nearby MRT stations: Sengkang (intersection between North East Line and Sengkang LRT), Punggol (North East Line)
- Nearby Schools and Education Centres: Compassvale Primary/Secondary School, Nan Chiau Primary School/High School, Springdale Primary School, Bubblesland Playhouse, Modern Montessori Compassvale, Sengkang Primary School, Anchor Green Primary School, Berry Tree Preschool, Rivervale Primary School
- Nearby Malls: Rivervale Mall, Rivervale Plaza
- Other nearby amenities: Sengkang Riverside Park, Punggol Waterway Park, Coney Island
Resale Area in Singapore #5: Jurong West
Finally, we see the West of Singapore with Jurong. Jurong West is one of Singapore’s major industrial areas, and some of the newer HDB blocks have had a special focus on greenery and environmentally friendly aspects. With many amenities nearby, and special attractions like Snow City being available just a few MRT stops away, Jurong West is both an exciting and pragmatic area in Singapore!
Why resale flats in the Jurong West area are so popular in Singapore:
- Nearby MRT stations: Boon Lay (East West Line), Pioneer (East West Line), Jurong West (proposed as part of Jurong Region Line)
- Nearby Schools and Education Centres: Jurong West Primary/Secondary School, Boon Lay Secondary School, Westwood Secondary School, River Valley High School, Hua Yi Secondary School, Rulang Primary School, Fuhua Secondary School, Nanyang Technological University, SAFTI Military Institute, Jurong Secondary School, Frontier Primary.
- Nearby Malls: Pioneer Mall, Jurong Point, Chennai Mart.
- Other nearby amenities: Pier Medical Centre, NTUC Health Nursing Home, Jurong Bird Park, Snow City, Jurong Science Centre.
If you are looking for Renovation, Home Decor, Home Appliances, Smart Home, Lifestyle news, we’ve got loads more here at Renodots.